Giant Termite Mound
1. Termite Queen – bloated and tremendous, constantly producing eggs, the termite queen is always
accompanied by an extra-large retinue of workers.
2. Giant Parasitic Wasp – deadly enemy of the giant termites and their nymphs.
3. Cordyceps Infected (1d4) hosts to a mind-altering fungus, 20% of bites force saves against infection.
1. Worker Termites
2. Soldier Termites (Cutters)
3. Deeps Ants
4. Termite Nymphs – inoffensive smaller and softer versions of workers, can be coaxed into producing a strong natural glue, adult workers are encountered in a few rounds 50% of the time.
5. Worker Termites – standard pale-bodied giant worker insects with strong chewing jaws.
6. Huge Centipede – massive venomous crawler, hungry for termite larvae and other soft-bodied creatures.
7. Environmental Encounters (1d4)
1. Sinkhole – 50% collapse on themselves, 50% empty into a lower area.
2. Sentry Mold – causing this pale blue-green mold to discharge its spores will attract worker and/or soldier termites.
3. Drummer – relative of the ubiquitous shrieker fungus, this species creates a nearly soundless percussion that attracts soldier termites.
4. Moss Farm – area filled with nourishing moist moss.
8. Mutated Termites – their bodies and behavior changed by their proximity to the radiation from the deeps.
9. Deeps Ants Raiding Party – ants from far underground come to raid the termite nest for eggs and larvae, they have jaws and toxins specifically designed to kill termites.
10. Worker Termites - standard pale-bodied giant worker insects with strong chewing jaws.
11. Soldier Termites (Cutters) – warrior caste of the giant termites, triple the size of a worker and armed with overlarge scything mandibles a third of the size of their bodies.
12. Giant Mole – particularly hungry for giant termites and worms, but will attack anything soft-bodied as it erupts through the side of a passage.
13. Soldier Termites (Acid) – warrior caste of the giant termites, triple the size of a worker and armed with piercing mandibles and an acid-spraying nasus on top of its head.
14. Shard Leech Scree - razor-edged stones used as the shell of a 4"-14" land mollusc, hide in areas of loose rock waiting for man size or larger prey, throw themselves en masse at a target, pierce flesh and release a mild paralytic venom, drink their fill of blood, fall out of the target, and move away from the remains.
15. Mound Toad – huge darkly camouflaged toad, capable of swallowing multiple giant termites, or a man, at once.
16. Worker Termites - standard pale-bodied giant worker insects with strong chewing jaws.
17. NPCs (1d4)
1. Termite Trappers – equipped with pheromone traps and giant lizard mounts.
2. Delver Group – party of NPCs from the Delvers' Collective, going to or coming from a mission in the depths.
3. Pulp Farmers – here to collect twice-digested wood pulp from inoffensive nymphs to be sold to make paper.
4. Firebombers – alchemists, elementalists, and their guards, here to burn back a section of the mound.
18. Termite Drones – winged males, 50% chance they are heading to the queen's room, 50% chance they are heading outside to begin a new colony.
19. (Roll on Adjacent Area Table)
20. Special *